Sunday, September 7, 2008

Nigerian Wedding

OMG what a weekend I had... I had the pleasure to be the day of coordinator for Ijeoma & Afam, and boy was it eventful. The bride warned me prior to that as a culture Nigerians aren't so good at RSVP'ing, so we would have plenty of guests simply show up. Let me say that she was not wrong. Many a guests showed up, even a few that actually RSVP'd that they weren't coming at all. We actually had to turn quite a few people away because there wasn't any room for them! It was a true experinece let me just say.

The bride and groom however had a great time. The rain almost ruined the day, but just as the ceremony ended, the sky opened and the rain stopped :) God works magic each and everyday and I saw a bit of it yesterday with the rain stopping at just that moment.

I toke no pictures yesterday, there really wasn't time, but the beautiful outfits that woman and men adorned in that hall filled the space with color and pizzazz :)The many cultural traditions of a nigerian wedding were up held as well and it was quite amazing to see rituals stand with time!!

Thanks again to the beautiful bride & groom, both families, the amazing host and hostess (you know how you are) and a fantastic wedding party! You were all a trip, lol!!

No comments:

FREE SITE METER